Our bushcraft courses will teach you to use natures resources to provide the essential elements: food, water, fire and shelter - to explore and survive the wilderness. Learn skills such as traditional fire lighting, wood carving, wild food foraging, natural cordage, animal skinning, bushcraft cookery and much more! You can also combine bushcraft with our canoe camping and overnight expeditions, which will take you on a journey of discovery unraveling the lives of our ancestors and true nature of experience.
Please see an example package below:
- Firelighting - learn a range of firelighting techniques. Then collect materials from the woodland and get a camp fire going.
- Lunch - cook yourselves a late lunch/afternoon BBQ meal on the open fire. Burger, sausage or bacon baps always go down well.
- Evening alternative - incorporate an evening meal into your event. Prepare a bushcraft meal, including if you want to, skinning and preparing rabbit/pheasant and cooking up a stew/curry for example.
- Shelter building - learn to build wild and/or man made shelters.
- Wood carving - carve yourselves a wooden spoon, or possibly make some bows.
- Air rifle shooting is also possible at certain venues.
- We'll throw in a few beers each to make this the perfect end to the day, sat around the camp fire as the sun goes down.
Bushcraft courses run from a half day to several days and are great when experienced as part of a journey or overnight experience. See our bushcraft and canoeing packages for more information about taking this great course out into the wilds by canoe or as part of a longer survival experience.
The Canoeing & Bushcraft Expedition is one of our most popular packages, so go on give it a go!
Available in these places...
- River Dart
- River Wye
- Brecon Beacons
- Other Destination
- Loch Ness
- Lake Windermere
- The Mendips