- One night stay in a hotel located near your set of point.
- Survival Skills
- Canadian Style Canoes
- Food for Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Sunday Breakfast provided but cooked by the group BUSHCRAFT STYLE!
- Clay Pigeon Shooting With 25 Clays Included
- From £159 per person
What's included in Shooting and Survival Weekend
- The Pinnacle of Stag Do Adventure!
- Canoe, Wild Camp, Food & Beer.
- Learn the four pillars of survival: food, fire, shelter and water.
- Activities include shelter building, firelighting and bushcraft cookery!
- A range of optional activities: animal skinning, wood carving, bow making, air rifle shooting, shellfish foraging & more....
- Relax around the camp fire with a few beers in the evening.
- Pub stop included - either The Malsters (Tuckenhay) or Ferry Boat Inn (Dittisham).
This trip is the pinnacle of Stag Do adventure! Head off on a canoeing trip on the tranquil River Dart, putting in at Stoke Gabriel. Paddle to your wild, remote camp site, nestled on the banks of this beautiful section of river. The camp site is surrounded by woodland and fields, only accessible on foot....or tractor for the locals!
Depending on the flow of the tide, we can factor in a pub stop along the way at either the Ferry Boat Inn or The Malsters Arms, where you can grab a nice cool drink and a bite to eat if you prefer a more substantial lunch. If the tides are right, you can also stop and forage for shellfish on the river bank, which make a tasty treat roasted over the fire for lunch!
What do we do at camp? When you hit the camp site, it's all hands to the pump to get your digs setup. Everyone works together to in what is a real team affair - learn important firelighting techniques so that you can get the camp fire going, put up your shelters in the woods and start prepping the evening meal over the open fire. This is a superb opportunity for your group / team to bond together, great for stag do or corporate style event in particular, but equally appealing to groups of family and friends.
What bushcraft activities are included in the price? The standard elements include the fire, food & shelter as explained above - the core elements of survival. In addition, pretty much anything can be done, so if there is something you'd really like to try please let us know. Some additional things which we can include on your trip:
- Shellfish foraging
- Bow making
- Wood carving (make a wooden spoon to eat your dinner with)
- Knife throwing
- Trap setting
Where do you sleep? You will be provided with a hammock and basha to string up between a couple of trees in the woodland. If you prefer, you can make a ground shelter using a tarp. Or for a bit more comfort, feel free to bring your own tent or alternative. The choice is yours.
What do we eat? For lunch on the first day, we arrange a bushcraft style lunch. The evening meal will be a one pot curry / stew / chilli or similar. If you'd like the true survival experience, we can arrange game such as rabbit or pheasant, which you can skin, gut & include in your meal. Breakfast will be a nice bacon or sausage sandwich/bap, with a well needed mug of coffee to reinvigorate the mind!
- Clay Shooting Experience with 25 shots each.
- All equipment provided.
- Expert Tuition from a Qualified Instructor.
- A fun group competition.
- Beginners or experienced welcomed.
- Book an extra 25 clays for £25.
- 40 group size maximum
How much does Shooting and Survival Weekend cost?
£159pp - £189pp
*Prices are given as a guide; subject to availability, group size and seasonality. We will provide a live quotation when you contact us but we expect to provide prices which fall into the price bands above.
A quality package for the right price
You're protected. We're compliant with Package Travel Regulations
Hassle free individual online payments and full booking management