- The ultimate unique stag weekend idea.
- Canoeing, survival skills and beers around the fire in your own remote camp!
- Canoe off into the wilderness.
- Setup camp in a remote spot away from the madding crowds.
- Get your shelters up in the woods, fire lit and food prep'd.
- Relax around the fire in the evening with a few beers.
- Amazing instructors who amplify your experience.
- Our Best Selling Stag Do package by far.
- Available in various UK locations.
What's included in Canoeing, Bushcraft & Survival Expedition
This is one of the best stag do's you'll ever book; whether you're looking for something a bit different to the norm, or the stag loves this sort of thing. A brilliant mix of adventure,
Meet your experienced guides at the rendezvous point. Pack up the boat with all your gear & beer and head off on a canoe journey along the river. After possible stops along the way to explore, forage & cook lunch; you'll locate a spot to setup camp beside the river.
With our unique canoeing expeditions run on stunningly beautiful rivers across the UK, you travel to areas only accessible by open canoe. Suitable for beginners and those with previous experience we'll teach you many bushcraft and wild camping skills. Great for getting your group away from it all.
We'll teach you bushcraft and wild camping skills, including wild foods, wood carving, bow making, natural cordage, air rifles - and for the brave, rabbit skinning.
Our Canoeing and Bushcraft events are based on a range of stunningly beautiful rivers across the UK, including the Rivers Dart, Dee, Thames & Wye. Suitable for beginners and those with previous experience, our hugely popular Canoe Camps are accessible for all.
Typical weekend plan:
- Friday night stay at a local hotel. This allows everyone to travel down after work, ready for an early(ish) Saturday morning start.
- Saturday morning - meet up and commence the canoeing & bushcraft.
- Sunday - finish around late morning or early afternoon and depart for home.
- Top selling trip.
Experience our fantastic, hugely popular Canoeing & Bushcraft expedition on the River Tweed. A Canadian Canoeing trip is a hugely popular option for groups. An opportunity to try something unique and a superb social occasion for a Stag, Hen or Birthday weekend. Everyone works together to loads the boats, get the camp fire going and cook the evening meal - making this a great opportunity for team bonding as well.
This is a fantastic Stag Do option and our best selling package over the past few years.
Commencing from Peebles, explore the beautiful river Tweed by boat, with some exciting rapids to navigate along the way. Then stop and setup your camp for the night on the banks of the river.
On arrival at camp, you'll quickly get into the bushcraft & survival essentials. Get yourselves acquainted with the four pillars of survival: fire, food, shelter & water.
- Shelter building - get your digs sorted out to keep you dry and warm overnight. You will be camping in teepee tents, but you can have a go at building wild shelters/bivouacs too.
- Fire - learn some essential fire lighting skills and get the camp fire started ready for cooking your evening BBQ meal (food not included).
- Food - cook a hearty meal over the camp fire.
- Water - safe drinking water is essential to any survival mission!
What to Expect
- A guided trip with highly experienced guide(s)
- A picturesque canoeing trip on the River Tweed
- Stop and setup camp in an ancient Oak woodland (SSSI)
- Accommodation comprises large teepee tents
- Learn a range of bushcraft & survival skills - aside from the core survival elements mentioned, additional bushcraft activities may be possible including shelter building in the woods, water purification, foraging, game prep etc
- Cook your own food over the camp fire for dinner & breakfast
- Relax around the camp fire with a few beers in the evening
- Canoeing, camping & cooking equipment is provided
- Experienced canoeing instructor/guide
- Dry barrels are supplied for kit i.e. sleeping bag / spare clothes. Space is limited though so try keep to essentials
What's NOT Included?
- Food for lunch, dinner and breakfast
- Alcoholic beverages
Rough Itinerary: (can be adapted to suit your requirements).
> Meet up with your guide(s) in Peebles. Organise and load equipment on to the boats.
> Canoe down the river.
> Find a spot to have some food.
> Carry on down river to set up camp.
> Make a plan as to how /where we are camping.
> Introduce fire lighting technique flint and steel, water purification etc Get fire going. Start preparing food.
> On the following day, wake up, cook breakfast over the fire and pack up ready for departure.
How much does Canoeing, Bushcraft & Survival Expedition cost?
Typical 1 night package £125pp - £150pp
Typical 2 night package £150pp - £200pp
*Prices are given as a guide; subject to availability, group size and seasonality. Please contact us for a live quotation.
A quality package for the right price
You're protected. We're compliant with Package Travel Regulations
Hassle free individual online payments and full booking management